Chocolate Orange Protein Cupcakes - Makes 6 Muffins (Source)
Blended together and baked at 180 C (356 F) for ~ 20-25 minutes:
- 1/2 cup of pumpkin puree (could sub this with cooked sweet potato)
- 1 cup of liquid egg whites
- 1/2 cup of quinoa flakes (could sub with oats or barley flakes)
- 1/4 cup of milk (I used coconut milk but any will do)
- 2 tsp of baking powder
- 2 tsp of orange zest
- 2 tsp of vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup of vanilla brown rice protein (or vanilla casein?)
- When the muffins are ready, take them out and let the cool a bit.
- Then, get a bowl out and mix 2 scoops of casein (I used chocolate orange casein) and mix it with 5 tsbs of Greek yogurt and about 5 tbsp of milk.
- Add one tbsp of milk at a time, until you get a frosting-like mixture - creamy and not overly watery.
- When the casein mixture is ready, stick your nozzle in a plastic sandwich bag (a ziplock bag will do). Push the nozzle to the corner of the bag and cut a corner off the bag so the nozzle sticks out.
- Then, just stuff all the casein mix in the bag, twisting the top so there’s pressure and the casein comes out as you press it.
- tortillerafrijolera likes this
- whoaaworkoutt reblogged this from the-iron-angel
- inheritedinsanity likes this
- colbycheese11 likes this
- mollymullikin likes this
- brainsbrawnandblonde reblogged this from the-iron-angel and added:
- brainsbrawnandblonde likes this
- theperksofbeingahealthblr likes this
- the-iron-angel posted this