THE BASICS OF A CLEAN DIET
Eating “clean” is not hard. It’s actually very simple. It’s all about eating the right type and quantity of food. Once you’ve got the basics down, that’s when you’ll be ready to truly focus on eg. weight loss or muscle gains. You need to be making the right food choices before you even start any type of plan. You want to be making PERMANENT changes! Adjusting your “diet” so that you’re absolutely sure that you can stick to it for life rather than just a few weeks or months!
Below i’ve listed a few simple guidelines you can follow :)
What NOT to eat!
1. Cut out all regular soft drinks and processed juice.
2. Get rid of the processed carbohydrates. This means cutting out most breakfast cereals, white bread, potato chips, candy, and store bought pastries and cookies.
3. Cut out foods high in saturated fat and fried foods. Your body does not need the extra saturated fat.
What to eat?
1. Eat whole foods as often as possible
2. Eat some lean protein, fat, and unprocessed fibrous carbohydrate at every meal
3. Eat fruits or vegetables with each meal (as fresh as possible).
4. The bulk (size wise) of your food intake should come from vegetables and protein.
5. Ensure that 20-30% of your energy intake comes from “liquid fat,” with your fat intake primarily coming from unsaturated (ie. flax oil, fish oil, olive oil, raw nuts).
6. Drink only (almost) non-calorie containing beverages. Yay for water!
7. Drink alcohol in moderation.
What about calories, amounts of fat, protein, carbohydrates, nutrient timing? For the majority of people, if you follow these guidelines at least 80%-90% of the time…that will be all you will need. If you are not near 80% then work your way there. It will take time but once you’ve formed a habit and are consistent, it will all come together.
IF YOU WANT IT, HAVE IT.“Never say never again” to foods you love but that are not in your best interest to eat. There is nothing worse for a person’s health or diet than a built up urge to splurge/binge. There are two main things you can use to help curb binge eating. The first is to have a little bit everyday. For example my biggest sweet tooth is chocolate, so I always have a small amount of high quality chocolate around and allow myself one small piece a day. I find that works very well for me! Cut the chocolate up into squares, wrap it in foil, put it in the freezer and then you will have individual pieces that you can have everyday!
Another is to allow yourself one meal a week where you can enjoy whatever you want. You can even invite your friends/family over, see if you can persuade them to eat better too! This “ritual” will become something you look forward to and your friends/family will too, plus for the rest of the week everyone can keep each other on track. The trick is to find which one of these two works for you.
DON’T LET THE TOUGH TIMES GET YOU DOWN. Everyone’s healthy eating efforts gets sidetracked from time to time. The trick is to keep a positive attitude and curb the unhealthy eating as quickly as possible. Sometimes it helps to have some motivational post it notes up or have some of your fav positive blogs ready to give you that extra boost.
EXERCISE. Don’t forget to exercise regularly too! Being healthy isn’t just about what you put into your body, but how well you take care of it physically too! Find something you will enjoy and you know you will be able to stick to consistently.
The key to a healthy lifestyle is consistency and forming healthy habits :)
That is it! Keep it simple, eat well, exercise hard, and live life to its fullest.
NOTE: The guidelines to healthy eating may vary! Not everyone eats meat, or gluten etc It is very important that you adjust these guidelines to suit you and your lifestyle.
[Please do not delete or edit this text. Thank you!]
- worrkoutwarrior reblogged this from the-iron-angel
- gussielynn likes this
- happily-mad likes this
- loststatichero likes this
- peacefulvibes reblogged this from thatshotbiitcch
- peacefulvibes likes this
- thatshotbiitcch reblogged this from betterfitthanskinny
- cleanlivingx likes this
- memorem likes this
- themiamimonster likes this
- aw-wee-oo-killer-tofu likes this
- sierranich0le likes this
- mirandaisme likes this
- tvwatchestv reblogged this from foreverfoolishatheart
- ashtodaleyz likes this
- aneffortlessmile likes this
- c0mpendium reblogged this from foreverfoolishatheart
- foreverfoolishatheart reblogged this from the-iron-angel
- foreverfoolishatheart likes this
- training-mean-getting-lean reblogged this from train4lifenottoday
- lovely-strong-fit reblogged this from train4lifenottoday
- train4lifenottoday reblogged this from the-iron-angel
- train4lifenottoday likes this
- fitblrsavedthefoodie likes this
- get-healthyx reblogged this from xloseweightx
- dorkyandunique reblogged this from tightdressesandskinnytights
- thehappyfitnessblog reblogged this from justdoitgirls
- youlesfitnessreblog reblogged this from justdoitgirls
- youlesfitnessreblog likes this
- justdoitgirls reblogged this from the-iron-angel and added:
- adimtwilight likes this
- adimtwilight reblogged this from the-iron-angel
- beautifulmindbodyspiritme reblogged this from coffee-and-control
- im-always-a-beautiful-mess likes this
- beyoncesweavee reblogged this from freakingfitness
- freakingfitness reblogged this from fitness-is-important
- bwalks1 likes this
- paloma417 likes this
- avohs reblogged this from fitnika
- heeeeeloooo reblogged this from trevorsaur
- skinnayylove reblogged this from fitandwild
- almostwhimsical likes this
- almostwhimsical reblogged this from fitnika
- somethinboutthiscowgirl reblogged this from freshgirl-fitgirl
- mauui likes this
- freshgirl-fitgirl reblogged this from my-perfect-me
- mirandathecat likes this
- sarahfalck1 likes this
- 120poundsgw likes this